Wednesday, November 25, 2009

eyes



eyes looking down
looking around
looking for something

looking into myself
looking into a mirror

looking around at the world
looking around to see others

looking to make connection
looking to see something deeper

looking for what may be real
looking for an excuse

looking in the brightest spots
looking in the darkness

looking and never finding
because i'm looking everywhere

everywhere but the one place i should
everywhere but the one place that is all that matters
everywhere but in the eyes of the One that loves me

of the One that encourages me
of the One that sees me clearly
of the One that wants to give me true desires

of the One that holds reality in His hands
of the One that can look me eye-to-eye and keep me still
of the One whose eyes are the only to pierce, love, share peace, and so much more

oh, that my eyes would look up and lock eyes with His,
my Love,
my Beloved,
my God.

(inspired by Psalm 123:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment